Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Productive" Class

Arete- means "goodness" or being the best person you could possible be.

Polis- is a ancient Greek city-state.


Socrates- was a classical Greek philosopher who laid the fundamentals of modern western philosophy.


the death of Socrates- he was sentenced to death by drinking a hemlock- based liquid.


the Socratic method- is a form of debate and between individuals.


the date 508 BC- Cleisthenes grants full rights to all free men of Athens. 


agora- central to every Greek city and town. 


What did the ancient Greeks mean if the called someone an idiot? A person lacking "professional skill",or "private citizen".



Today was a class that I really didn't do much. Mr. Schick helped out the people who did not have their blogs up. While I was waiting, I spruced up my blog to make it look better than it did. We didn't get to talk about the Message of Garcia, so tomorrow that is probably all we are going to do. I met some new people in class and had a good time. Some of my classmates showed me how to put a screen saver thing on my computer. So at least now I know people and not sit there in silence the whole class time. So overall today's class was productive in my eyes- I was able to meet new people, fix up my blog and put a screen saver on my computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment